Pages

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Time Contamination

For a long while, I have been slowly reading this book Overwhelmed: Work, Love and Play When No One Has the Time


One concept that really rings true to me is this concept of “time contamination.” So true in my world. No matter what I am doing, even the spa with girlfriends, I am still actively engaged with my head on all the stuff I need to do. Work deals and intricacies that take time to think through, grocery lists, errands for the upcoming baby shower, must do items before the board meeting, etc. All mixed in.

During my normal work day, my focus is very compartmentalized.  My task lists are in the same place but separated. This is how I can actually function in so many roles. I must have specific time dedicated to specific types of tasks. This context helps me be the most productive. It takes organization and dedication but it works for me.

The challenge is my leisure time. That time that is supposed to be for me, to decompress, to actually relax gets crowded. Contaminated. I have tried lists, brain dumps, quiet breathing, etc. No luck. My mind still swims on. Loaded with sh*t from the week or the upcoming week.



No comments:

Post a Comment