Pages

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Book: Never Eat Alone

Today I was reminded of a great business book I read about creating relationships. It is called Never Eat Alone by Keith Ferrazzi. Years ago I hired him to speak at a conference for some sales professionals and he rock'd it. His whole theory is about building intimate relationships quickly so both people can benefit one another. 



There is a chance people take his concept a little too literally and create a bunch of "fake" and only self-serving relationships. That would be a shame. But if you approach relationships in a genuine way, his tips can be extremely beneficial personally and professionally. He also has some great tips on how to stay connected with people even if you can't spend a lot of time with them. 

The phrase "never eat alone" resonates with me. I use meal times as a time to really connect with my family, colleagues, friends and clients. Mike and I love hosting dinner parties mixed with people who all love each other already or who we know will love one another. Connecting people is fun! 




No comments:

Post a Comment