Pages

Monday, April 21, 2014

Adult Temper Tantrum

Temper tantrums are completely normal and expected when there are little people in your home. I embarrassed to admit, the main event tantrum this weekend was by me. Totally unacceptable.


I'm not sure if it was the build up of the weekend activities, sugar and family dynamics... but I lost it. Last night I was a mess. I couldn't handle the kids at all. They were tired after a fun weekend of Easter eggs, splashing in the pool and lots of quality family time. So was I. I was completely exhausted. Drained. Every button I have was pushed. How do my kids know where all my "buttons" are hidden? 

Instead of recognizing that I was at the end of my rope and removing myself from the crazy I tried to carry on. In the end, I was the one apologizing to my little kids. Thankfully they forgave me. I was very grateful when Mike took over and put the big kids to bed. I took some time to settle myself and breathe. I did exactly what I tell my kids to do. And then I curled up the couch and did nothing. Even though I had been forgiven, I still felt shitty. 

Today is a new day. 

PS: When I searched the word Tantrum this morning, I came across this adorable mid-century modern kids shop called "TANTRUM". Check it out.  It is a much happier version of tantrum! This search also returned a lot of ideas on how to manage toddler's tantrums bu t no mention of adult tantrums... 

No comments:

Post a Comment